Pre-departure (T-minus 4 days)

Greetings everyone!

My journey to Heredia, Costa Rica takes off in about four days! When I first looked into the program and even the thought of studying abroad I didn't know what to feel or to expect. It hasn't hit me that I'm leaving the United States and my loved ones for almost a full four months. It finally started to settle in these past two days that my trip is right around the corner!

A lot of my friends and family have been asking what do I expect as an outcome from studying abroad in Costa Rica or have I even made a packing list yet. For the first question, my answer was that I expect to have the time of my life and to create so many memories. Also, that I am willing to get out of my comfort zone, and to always try new things even if it might scare me at first. I have learned the Spanish language since I was seven but I still get shy when it comes to speaking it fluently and keeping up conversation with other native speakers. I hope to be able to gain better knowledge and skills when it comes to keeping up with conversations in Spanish.

However, I have not started packing yet or even wrote a packing list. Thankfully my mom was persistent and took me shopping for some essential items, so at least I have one step done in the right direction! I think each person has a different vision on their ideal packing list, some including what's needed and other items included that a person will think they need and will end up not even using. I know that my packing list will include common items like: clothes, personal products, makeup, shoes, hair accessories, books, laptop, and a few things to remind me of my home and my culture, especially my two fur babies!

I can't wait to continue to share with everyone my experiences and thoughts while abroad in Costa Rica!

Stay tuned next week for the update!

As always,
Camille Zalewski


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 2

Back home

Trip to La Fortuna