Week 2



Hey everyone! It´s me again. It´s Monday, which means the start of either the school or work week for most people. I just got back from my first weekend trip with other ISA students. We all went to Jaco beach which is about an hour south from the town of Heredia. It was such an incredible place! We all stayed in an Airbnb close to the beach with such an amazing view and access to our own private beach. Transportation and meals were definitely affordable and fit well into my traveling budget.

However, my first week as an international student flew by so fast! My experience going through the airport in San Jose was easy, and the only question that was asked by customs was my length of stay here. Stepping out of the airport and finally being in Costa Rica was breathtaking. Right away, I knew that I belonged here and was meant to be here to experience this incredible place. Driving to my host family´s house was quick, and I noticed that the flow of traffic here is a lot different compared to the United States.

Luckily, I did not experience any jet lag, especially since the time difference was only an hour between Costa Rica and my home state, Illinois. The packing list I made before my trip worked out well. I ended up packing just the right amount of things, and the right clothes as well. Also, I am glad I packed enough personal items to get me by for the next few months because certain products here are expensive. Overall, my first week and weekend was fantastic and I can´t wait to see what else this beautiful country has to offer!

Stay tuned!

As always,
Camille Zalewski

 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trip to La Fortuna

Back home