Finals in Costa Rica

Hello to all!


I officially have 2 weeks left of my study abroad time and program here in Costa Rica.
I never expected to have this much fun, and in less than 4 months it has become a second home to me. There are 12 of us in the program all together, and everyone is from all across the United States. Everyone I have met, including the people in my program, have helped me grow so much, and I couldn't be any more thankful for this opportunity and experience.

Since I have about 2 weeks left in Costa Rica, all my finals are coming up. There is definitely a lot I have to prepare for. However, since all my classes are taught in Spanish, a majority of my exams are oral exams. I also have a lot of projects and presentations that are coming up in the next 2 weeks as well. It is overwhelming at first, but I would definitely say it is a little less stressful then finals at NIU. Another thing that is calming my nerves from doing so many presentations in Spanish is that all my classes are with the other students from the program, therefore they already know my strengths and weaknesses.

I must keep in mind that I have to always take some time for myself, and learn some relaxing/breathing techniques, just because I don't want to overwhelm myself with all the work. It definitely can be challenging to be in such an incredible country and not be distracted all the time. In the back of my mind, I have to keep reminding myself that school comes first and that is why I came here in the first place, and also to experience a new culture. One thing that I love about the city I am studying in is the main town center. They recently put up Christmas lights, and it just makes the place ten times prettier! Even if you decide not to study exactly in Heredia, it is definitely a place I would recommend to check out in Costa Rica!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 2

Trip to La Fortuna

Back home